Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ventoy for Easy2Boot v1.0.79a and b released (bugfix)

I just discovered that Windows Install files don't work correctly with 'Ventoy for Easy2Boot' v1.0.79, so I have now updated the release to 1.0.79a and fixed the problem.

It seems that the Windows code which loads the ISO as a virtual DVD drive in WinPE checks for some specific Ventoy MBR boot code bytes at address 0x190 in LBA0. Since the E2B USB drive contains grub4dos code, the ventoy code (vtoyjump) does not recognise it and so does not load the ISO.

I have updated the compile instructions here if you are interested in the details.

Please run \e2b\Update agFM\Update_to_latest_Ventoy_version.cmd on Ptn2 to update to the latest version.

Check that the \ventoy\vtoyjump32.exe and vtoyjump64.exe has a date of 2022-08-28 or later.

I found that the 1.0.79a vtoyjump code was too specific in testing for the grub4dos MBR code as a slightly different version of grub4dos code in the MBR would cause it to fail to recognise the USB drive. So I have updated it to 1.0.79b which does not test the MBR code at all - if the ISO file is found at the correct path on any drive in the system, then it is loaded as a virtual DVD. It is unlikely that two different files with exactly the same path and filename will exist in a system and contain different contents.

Another issue found with vtoyjump - Windows injection zip files not working.

Problem seems to be to do with FAT code needing to specify ".xz " as file extension rather than ".xz" for FAT filesystem.

New version is 1.0.79c  (pressing F7 in Ventoy Menu should show version number).

Please run \e2b\Update agFM\Update_to_latest_Ventoy_version.cmd on Ptn2 to update to the latest version.

Check that the \ventoy\vtoyjump32.exe and vtoyjump64.exe has a date of 2022-09-09.

Ventoy for Easy2Boot v1.0.79d 2022-09-13 now released.

This now has support file Windows ISO file injection of .7z files when using ctrl+w Wimboot mode (Ventoy CI beta release).

It also responds to key presses in the menu system of i, u, r and w  as well as using ctrl key with those four keys.

This is because some systems like MacBook Air in UEFI-mode do not recognise the CTRL key in the same way that grub2 expects and so keys like ctrl+w and ctrl+r do not work on those systems.

Please run \e2b\Update agFM\Update_to_latest_Ventoy_version.cmd on Ptn2 to update to the latest version.

New! Ventoy for Easy2Boot v1.0.97 now released!

eBooks available (in PDF format)

Easy-to-read eBooks are available in PDF format (each eBook is over 100 pages) – rated 4.5/5 stars.
Learn the secrets of Legacy and UEFI USB booting and then make your perfect multiboot USB drive.
E2B eBook #1 includes instructions on how to remove the E2B 5-second start-up delay blue screen.

E2B is unique in that it uses partition images which allows you to directly boot from Secure Boot images (no need to disable Secure Boot or run MOK manager or modify your UEFI BIOS).

Most eBooks are over 100 pages long, contain original content and step-by-step exercises which are suitable for both the beginner or the more experienced user.
Customer reviews are located at bottom of each eBook product page and multi-buy discounts are available when you buy more than one eBook. Please also visit RMPrepUSB.com and the E2B Forum.
Subscribe to my blog for the latest news, tips, USB boot articles and free eBook updates.