Install Windows 11 using E2B and agFM onto any system
E2B and agFM can automatically run the registry hack to skip the Windows 11 TPM\RAM\SecureBoot checks.
1. First update to agFM v1.73 or later version (just over-write files on Partition 2 with the latest download) and also update to latest E2B v2.10 Beta or later which has the WIN11 folder support (run Make_E2B.exe as Admin and click on the Update E2B button). Download areas for latest E2B Betas
2. Copy your Win11 ISO to the \_ISO\WINDOWS\WIN11 folder.
Download Windows 11 creation tool from here – ‘Create Windows 11 Installation Media’. Run the exe and choose the ISO creation option.
[or download Win 11 ISO from here. Select ‘Latest Dev Channel’ – Cumulative Update for Windows 11 (10.0.22000.51) (untick ‘Integrate updates’ option for faster build and download). The fewer Editions you tick the quicker the build – I ticked Home\Core + Pro. The download and build of the ISO may take a few hours or more!]Note: If you only tick one Edition, the Install.wim that is made is non-standard and does not contain an XML file. I suggest you include at least two Editions.]
3. Create a .cmd text file which has the exactly the same name as the Win11 ISO file and place the following three lines of code in the .cmd file:
reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig" /v "BypassTPMCheck" /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig" /v "BypassRAMCheck" /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig" /v "BypassSecureBootCheck" /t REG_DWORD /d 1
In Easy2Boot v2.10+ you can find these settings in \_ISO\WINDOWS\WIN11\WIN11_TPM_FIX_README.txt.
Other bypass checks you can add are:
Tip: If you suspect this cmd file is not being run, add an extra line at the bottom which will wait for you to press ENTER:
4. Copy the \_ISO\WINDOWS\WIN10\Windows 10 Pro (no prompt to repair).xml file to \_ISO\WINDOWS\WIN11 folder (your ISO must include Win11 Pro Edition – if not use a different XML file – e.g. Win10 Home, etc.)
You should now have the following files:
- \_ISO\WINDOWS\WIN11\Windows 10 Pro (no prompt to repair).xml
Now you can either MBR to E2B or MBR\UEFI-boot to agFM and install Win11 Pro on any old system (but it may run slow)!
Either use the desired Win10 xml file or no XML file (when prompted to Repair\Setup by E2B, press ENTER quickly to skip using an XML file – on a shop-bought Windows PC this will automatically detect the original manufacturers OEM Product Key and only list that particular Edition in the OS list).
If your ISO contains more than one Edition, you can use the ‘No key (choose a version to install.xml)’ file, however if your PC/Notebook has an embedded OEM Product Key (e.g. was pre-installed with Win8 Home by the manufacturer) this may not work if your Win11 ISO does not also contain the same Edition, e.g. Home, and so you must specify the correct Edition Win10 key in the XML file, i.e. if no key is specified then Setup will use the BIOS-embedded Product Key added at time of manufacture.
Additional Win11 ISO files can be added, but don’t forget to also create a .cmd file with the same name as the ISO file!
The .cmd file registry hack is not needed if installing onto a VM.
How to create a Local Account
Win 11 Pro will let you create a local account (if you choose the correct options), however Win11 Home does not let you continue unless you have an internet connection and then it only allows a Microsoft internet/email account to be created.
One way to bypass this is to press Alt+F4 at the ‘Let’s connect to a Network’ screen.
Another way around this is only use an Ethernet cable for internet connectivity and then to disconnect your Ethernet cable just as the ‘Checking for Updates’ screen begins. After a few minutes, it will ask you for the Local Account name and you can continue.
1. Disconnect the Ethernet cable
2. Start the install of Win11 Home
3. When prompted to connect to WiFi, try pressing Alt+F4, OR if that doesn’t work:
Connect the Ethernet cable
Continue using the Ethernet internet connection only.
As soon as the ‘Checking for Updates’ screen appears, disconnect the Ethernet cable immediately.
After a few minutes…
4. You will be prompted for a local account user name
If you still cannot get a local account option, try the back arrow\button (with no internet connected) and then proceed again.