Use a similar setup to Kali+persistence
You can copy the Sample Mnu file for the E2B menu system and the sample .cfg file for agFM.
A ready-made persistence file can be obtained from the images.zip file download from Ventoy. It must be a ‘persistence’ type and should already contain a persistence.conf file inside it.
- Copy the ISO file to \_ISO\LINUX folder – do not put spaces into the ISO filename.
- Download the persistence zip file and extract one of the ext4 persistence files to the root of the E2B USB drive – then rename it as parrot-rw
- Copy the sample .cfg file from “\e2b\Sample agFM menu files\LINUX\Parrot_4.11.2_persistent.cfg”” to the \_ISO\LINUX folder
- Rename and edit the .cfg file
- Run \Make_This_Drive_Contiguous.cmd to make both the .ISO fle and \parrot-rw files contiguous.
- Boot on a real system (not a VM) use agFM Legacy or UEFI
You can add the Sample .mnu file if you want to boot with persistence from the E2B Legacy menu system.
Use the “\_ISO\docs\Sample mnu files\Linux\Parrot_4.11.2_Persistent.mnu” as a template and edit it as required.